There is no question that the iPad has met the expectations of most. Crud, probably exceeded the expectation of many. It certainly has redefined the slate category and is on its way to rewriting the history of that class of tablets. Apple wisely built a device that is easy to use, has an incredibly user friendly interface and is simply great for watching movies, surfing the web and consuming textual information, i.e. ebooks. For me, however there is one thing that’s missing, a keyboard.
If you’ve read this blog or talked to me for longer than five minutes then you know I’m a big fan of tablet computers. There is no matching their functionality and usefulness in my day to day operations. I’ve used the iPad and love it. In fact, I have yet to use an Apple product that I didn’t love. With that said, the iPad doesn’t replace my current tablet of choice, the Dell XT2 table PC. I use the Dell as both a tablet PC and a laptop depending on my needs. With Â the development of more and more robust applications for the iPad and the introduction of products like the ClamCase that could all change.
The ClamCase turns the iPad into a fully functional convertible tablet computer. I know, I know, that’s blasphemy, but it’s still cool.
Improve the â€œMagicalâ€ iPadÂ® experience by enhancing protection, efficiency and ease of use with the ClamCaseâ„¢ the all-in-one: keyboard, case and standâ€¦ with a sea of features under its shell.
The chiclet style BluetoothÂ®Â keyboard offers a tactile feedback allowing you to compose and type quickly.
Your iPadÂ® easily connects to ClamCaseâ€™s wireless BluetoothÂ® keyboard
- Manual power on and off button with blue LED indicator light and automatic power save mode.
- Connection to other HID compatible Bluetooth devices such as Sony Playstation 3Â®, TivoÂ® and HTPC (home theater PC) to give you the ultimate wireless keyboard experience.
- BluetoothÂ® technology enables the 30-pin dock connector to be free for charging, syncing and other hard wired functions.
The 360-degree torque hinges enable greater flexibility and fixed angles for featured modes of operation as the simple and sleek design of the ClamCaseâ„¢ protects your iPadÂ® from dents and dings.
- Made of high quality ABS plastic to ensure long lasting protection.
- Shields against falls and breakage, dust and dirt.
- ClamCaseâ„¢ closed position guards against accidental openings and falls.
- Smooth yet grippy rubberized exterior texture of the 360 degree hinge provides a more user-friendly hold for confident handling.
Designed to enhance the iPadÂ® experience by providing a you-decide stand with an endless combination of positions to accommodate your desired tasks.
- Flip-back keyboard to expose the rubber hinge grip and enjoy your iPadÂ® in tablet mode.
- Watch movies at the perfect angle with the uniquely designed ClamCaseâ„¢ stand which can position into an infinite number of viewing angles.
- Manipulate the iPadÂ® touch screen and use your favorite apps at just the right angle.
- The unique positioning of the Â ClamCaseâ„¢ allows users the capability to display a digital picture frame slideshow in both portrait and landscape views
2 thoughts on “iPad + ClamCase = awesomeness?”
An interesting device for sure. Personally, if you want to make the iPad into a netbook, just go get a netbook instead. The iPad is not about evolution. It is about revolution. The objective is to change the way we use computers.
I think it is cool, it is just a step backwards. Let’s try and free ourselves from the keyboard.
I worked with my son on his 3rd grade book report on Henry Ford. He had to do a 2 minute presentation, so we needed a way to memorize the information he was going to use.
We wrote it on a dry erase board, then I used Dragon Dictation to put it into the iPad (while I was relaxing on the couch). I formatted it in Pages, then printed it on notecard stock. Viola nice notecards to review the presentation.