Regardless of their current popularity, Motion has announced an update to a couple of their rugged tablet PCs, namely the F5t and C5t. I’m not a big fan of either as I prefer their J3500, but they’re still pretty slick machines.
According to the press release:
Powered by 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors designed for optimized mobility and featuring a variety of power saving technologies, these latest tablet PCs from Motion offer up to six hours of battery life*. The tablets also feature Motion’s hot-swap battery feature for extended, uninterrupted productivity in the field. Finally, built to run on Windows, the F5t and C5t Tablet PCs offer seamless business integration and virtually unlimited usability….
Motion’s next generation F5t and C5t rugged tablet PCs deliver increased performance and responsiveness. Available with the Intel Core i3 or i5 processor, or the advanced security capabilities available with the Intel® Core i7 vPro™ platform, the F5t and C5t Tablet PCs are available with an array of performance options to meet the needs of both users and IT professionals across vertical markets….
Additional Features Include:
- 10.4-inch dual-input display with capacitive two-finger touch and high-resolution digitizer pen input, and Corning® Gorilla® Glass for enhanced durability
- Intel Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 Wi-Fi® with Bluetooth® 4.0 and HD Graphics 4000
- 64GB or 128GB solid state drive (SSD) for advanced performance
- Front-facing web camera and rear-facing documentation camera
- Optional Smart Card Reader for strong security authentication
- Integrated RFID and optional Barcode Scanner for improved data acquisition
Look like something you might be interested it? If so remember that you’ll have to choke down a hefty price of more than $2,000.