Robert and Jerry talk food, football, smartphones, and private clouds.
Hosts: Robert and Jerry Fahrni
- The Life of a Simple Chef – An awesome site for those of us that like food. Â You absolutely must try the Pumpkin Apple Cream Cheese Muffins.
- Moto X – Jerry’s new phone, and it is awesome. We discuss both the hardware and software features of the device. Nexus 5 was also mentioned as was the HTC One.
- NFL Football â€“ Little bit of chit-chat about the state of the NFC North, i.e. mediocrity at its finest.
- Android â€“ It appears that Rob is ready to do a little Android development.
- Personal Clouds â€“ Rob and Jerry talk discuss what â€œpersonal cloudâ€ means to each of them as well as some potential solutions:
- Tweet that started the conversation via @lawremipsum â€“ â€œOh, home network storage/servers are now “Personal Cloud”s. #noâ€
- Steve Frank Tweet â€“ â€œIf you care, the links I used to have on Pinboard are now here http://stevenf.com/links/Â as part of ongoing de-cloudification.â€
- Various definitions: techopedia, PC Mag Encyclopedia, Gartner IT Glossary.
- â€œRaspberry Pi Kidâ€ – This 23-year-oldâ€™s open-source project, a server running on Raspberry Pi, gives the middle finger to Google
- Some quick ramblings about physical photos in a digital age. A conversation for another time, perhaps.