Pharmacy Technology User Group [PTUG]
Next meetup: Thursday, March 16, 2017 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM at Bitwise Industries. Hope to see you there.
Purpose: Create an environment to foster learning and comradery in the pharmacy community where individuals with an interest in automation, technology, and informatics can gather to share ideas, discuss interesting topics, and network with one another.
Who may attend: Anyone with an interest.
When: Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month from 6:00 – 8:00 PM unless otherwise noted above.
Topics for discussion: Anything related to pharmacy automation, technology, informatics, or workflow concepts and design. This may include topics directly related to operations, or loosely tied to practice, i.e. business models.
Example topics may include:
- Existing pharmacy automation and technology
- Use – perhaps someone in the group with similar technology has ideas or suggestions
- Implementation pitfalls and tips
- Exploration of options for those considering something new for their pharmacy
- Exploration of available systems for any area of the pharmacy, example: review of semi-automated IV workflow management systems.
- New pharmacy automation and technology
- Augmented/mixed reality
- 3D printing
- Deep learning/artificial intelligence
- Workflow concepts and designs, such as cartfill versus cartless model, or outsourcing CSP production versus using a third party vendor, and so on.
- Business case development and return-on-investment (ROI)
- Discuss literature topics and/or specific articles related to automation, technology, informatics, or operational workflow and design
- Practice a presentation by running it past the group
- Philosophy of using a pharmacist, technician, or other for database maintenance
 BitWise is located in downtown Fresno. Wi-Fi is available, so please bring your laptops, tablets, and/or phones.