The RxMedic ADS robot is kind of cool. Iâ€™m not a big fan of robotics because I think theyâ€™re basically slow and I donâ€™t believe the technology is mature enough yet; in healthcare that is.
The thing that makes this interesting to me is the checkout process, which can be found at about 1:30 into the video. The process includes photo verification. Lends itself to remote checking and tech-check-tech, donâ€™t you think?
As technology like this becomes available it is becoming increasingly clear that the traditional role of a pharmacist is obsolete. Not sure if the new role is a completely â€œclinicalâ€ one, but it certainlyÂ isn’tÂ what it is now.
From the RxMedic website:
The only retail robotic dispensing system with photo verification. The RxMedic ADS packs high speed processing into a very small footprint. Its 256 cells enable you to fill as much as 80 percent of your daily processing, complete with verification, labeling and capping.
- Interfaces with any pharmacy management system
- Save 50% â€“ 80% of time spent preparing orders
- Can pay for itself in pharmacies with as few as 150 prescriptions per day
- Fill up to 80% of your daily prescription volume
- Special HEPA filtration combined with vacuum technology helps reduce dust and cross-contamination
- Nationwide on-site service