Vestigo is web-based Investigational Drug Service (IDS) software made by the McCreadie Group, Inc., a privately held pharmacy software company out of Ann Arbor, Michigan. The McCredie Group is a small boutique company that builds software for niche markets like IDS.
Iâ€™ve worked in pharmacies that have an IDS, and let me just say that thereâ€™s a lot of record keeping involved and attention to detail is important. One would think that the â€œthe drugâ€ would be the most important thing, but thatâ€™s not really the case. Records, logs, and traceability are key.
Anyway, one of the products offered by the McCreadie Group is Vestigo. Iâ€™ve come across the product in pharmacies while traveling, but never really given it much attention. Because itâ€™s such a niche product I couldnâ€™t even tell you who theyâ€™re competing against.
Donâ€™t go Googling for information on Vestigo, because youâ€™re probably not going to find much. The company has done a pretty good job of not marketing their product and keeping relevant information off the internet. Not sure how thatâ€™s possible in this day and age, but I wasnâ€™t able to find more than some old reference articles and press releases.
I have verified with the company that they will be at the 50th ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and ExhibitionÂ in New Orleans in early December. I’m interested enough in the product to drop by their booth and have a look. Until then, here’s what the McCreadie Group site has to say about Vestigo:
Vestigo increases IDS safety and complianceâ€¦
- Protocols structured in a logical and safe manner
- Product selection limited to drugs used for the current protocol
- Automated checks for expired products and IRB approvals
- Patient management functions prevent dispensing to patients not enrolled
- Accurate, electronic drug accountability records
- High-quality, safe labels with barcodes
- Built-in workflow for safe practices
- Logging and audit trails required for HIPAA and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
â€¦and improves IDS efficiency and reduces costs
- Electronic protocol managementFully automated protocol billing (increases revenue and reduces the cost of generating the bill
- Electronic inventory management including tracking patient-specific items, returns and destructions
- Reduced paperwork and handwriting
- Integrated dispensing with automatic label generation
- Extensive reporting to track operations, workload and financials
So if youâ€™re in the market for an IDS solution, you might give Vestigo a look and request a demo.