I know, I know, Android tablets are starting to stack up all over the place. A week doesn’t go by that another Android tablet hits the market. This week it’s the 8-inch Vizio tablet making the rounds.
However, it wasn’t the Vizio tablet that captured my attention this week. It was the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet. According to the Lenovo website it should be available at the end of this month.
What separates this Android tablet from others is that it is targeted at business users. This basically means it comes preloaded with some productivity software as well as a couple of other nice touches like Gorilla Glass, ThinkPad Tablet Dock, ThinkPad Tablet Pen and foldable ThinkPad Tablet Keyboard Folio case.
- NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 Dual-Core 1GHz processor
- Android™ 3.1
- 10.1” WXGA (1280×800) 16:10 IPS panel with Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- Multitouch display with digitizer input (pen optional)
- Starting at 1.65 lbs
- Up to 8 hours battery life (with WiFi enabled)
- Up to 64GB storage
- Bluetooth®, WiFi and 3G connectivity
- Native USB 2.0 and micro-USB ports, full-size SD card slot and mini-HDMI output
I really like what the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet has to offer. I’ve been patiently waiting for the right Android slate to come along before I purchase another device. I was convinced that the Samsung Galaxy 10.1-inch tablet was it, but I think I’ll wait for the Lenovo to make my final decision.