I’m sitting in the airport waiting for my plane to board and getting my agenda together. Below is my plan of attack for my time in Vegas. Of course it’s all just speculation at this point as I have an affinity to stray from my plans based on what I find interesting.Â I also need to find some time for the exhibit hall, where I will undoubtedly waste countless hours wondering around checking out all the cool technology.
– Talyst User Group, 2:00 â€“ 5:00 PM
– IV Sedation in the Intensive Care Unit: Applying Pharmacoeconomic Principles, 6:15-7:45 AM
– Opening Session, 9:00-10:30 AM
– Integrating Tech to Improve Medication-Use and Patient Safety, 11:30AM â€“ 1:30 PM
– Does the Shoe Fit? Selecting Robotic IV Technology for Pediatric Sites, 2:00-5:00 PM
– Section Advisory Group on Ambulatory Care Informatics Networking Session, 5:15-6:15 PM
– Pharmacy OneSource Happy Hour, 5:30-7:00 PM
– BCMA: Inpatient & Outpatient Trends, Metrics, and Innovations, 8:00-9:30 AM
– On the Bleeding Edge of Technology: Overcoming Implementation Challenges with Informatics, 10:00-11:00 AM
– Section Advisory Group on Pharmacy Operations Automation Networking Session, 11:15 AM – 12:30 PM
Hereâ€™s where it get fuzzy. There are 4 sessions in the 2:00-5:00PM slot that I want to attend; not sure what Iâ€™m going to do just yet.
– Redefining the Practice Model: Where Have We Been, Where Do We Go? 2:00-5:00PM
– Rule of Thumb: A Look at Positive ID, Secondary Authentication, and Health IT Regulation, 2:00-4:00 PM
– Powerful Impact of Human Factors Engineering on Medication Safety, 2:30-4:00 PM
– More Than a Vending Machine: Effectively Planning and Implementing Carousel/Packager Technology, 4:00-5:00 PM
– Pharmacy 2.0: How the Web is Changing How We Practice, 8:00-9:45 AM
– Section Advisory Group on Pharmacy Informatics Education Networking Sessions, 11:15 AM – 12:30 PM
– Informatics Bytes 2009: Pearls of Informatics, 2:00-5:00 PM
Unfortunately I return home on Wednesday night, which means I will miss the following sessions that I would like to attend, especially the first one listed.
– Does Current Technology/Automation Need to Change to Advance Pharmacy Technician Dispensing? 9:30 AM -12 NOON
– Strategies for Successfully Implementing ADMs and CPOE into the Medication Management System, 2:00-4:00 PM